We Just Don’t Settle…
Steve Howard Law: Omaha’s Top Trial Lawyer 4 Years in Row
Contact Steve Howard Law: Personal injury law allows you (an injured plaintiff) to get compensation when someone else’s negligent or intentional act caused you (the plaintiff) harm.
Some common types of personal injury cases are but not limited to:
- Car Accident Cases
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Defamation: Libel and Slander
- Dog Bites
- Assault and Battery
Unfair Insurance Practices
Unfair claims practice is the improper avoidance of a claim by an insurer or an attempt to reduce the size of the claim. By engaging in unfair claims practices an insurer tries to reduce its costs.
Some examples of Unfair Claims Practice:
- Misrepresenting relevant facts or policy provisions.
- Making a significant alteration in an application without your consent and then settling a claim based on the alteration.
- Settling claims for less than what you would reasonably expect based on a written advertisement you received.
If an you (as an employee) are injured on the job, then the employer – or their insurance company – must pay compensation to you (the employee).
In Nebraska there are 4 basic types of compensation:
- Medical Expenses
- Temporary Disability
- Permanent Disability
- Vocational Rehabilitation
If you’re employer or their insurance company are denying you workers’ compensation, Steve Howard Law is here to help you.